struts-user mailing list archives

From Monkeyden <monkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: yet another struts eulogy?
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:18:39 GMT
If you're looking for someone to tell you which is the best framework, you
won't find the answer here, because there isn't one.  You have to determine
which framework best suits your preferences, your organization, the current
development resources/assets and most of all, the requirements.

If you're looking for someone to tell you which you should learn, to get a
jump on the next opportunity, the answer is 'all of them.'  Of course this
isn't realistic because we all have lives and don't care to have
'enrichment' consume our every waking moment, but you could conceivably know
*something *about all of them.  Add to that, my belief that you don't truly
know a framework until you've COMPLETED a project which uses it.

I'm reminded of a great Physiology professor I had in college (I was in a
Physical Therapy degree program before switching to CS) who, when asked what
we needed to know for exams, responded only with "Know everything."