struts-user mailing list archives

From Monkeyden <monkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: click first table rows, the rows of second table change ??
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:52:28 GMT
If I understand you correctly, here is how it might look:

YourActionForm
    Collection table1Data (retrieved from persistence on the first request
of the Action)
    Collection table2Data (empty on first request)

YourAction
    Loads table1 data
    Expects a table1RowNum parameter (from clicking on one of the rows in
table1) but can run without it for the initial request
    If param exists, load table2 data and forward to your.jsp

your.jsp
<c:if test="${myActionForm.table2Data != null}"> (or whatever test you want)
    [print table 2 data]
</c:if>

This also looks like a prime candidate for AJAX.