struts-user mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with JSTL and Struts <html:link> tag But Not with <a>
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:25:03 GMT
On 8/24/06, Mississippi John Hurt <johnhurt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi thanks for the help.  I tried using the pageContext, but it seems for
> some reason, the render engine is not interpreting the scriptlet ie ( <%=
> ..%>)  Its taking it literally (ie link has <%= chars in it after rendered
> in html), weird. BTW, the above code is enclosed by a <displaytag:table> and
> column tags.  Anyone know why?  I'll try the map if I can't get this to work
> soon.

Since you're using <c:out> I'm going to assume that you're writing to
version 2.3 of the Servlet Spec.

If that's true, then in general you should be using Struts EL so that
you have the ability to use expressions in the attributes of the
Struts tags, just as you can with the JSTL tags.

 * http://struts.apache.org/1.x/struts-el/index.html
 * http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsAndJSTL

--
Wendy