struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Griebel" <edgrie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can you use a LinkedList or similar as the type for a FormElement?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:09:22 GMT
Lists is where you want to be headed, see answer to previous question
as to how to do it on JSP. The key is that the Jakarta
BeanUtils/PropertyUtils classes treat arrays and collections the same
way so both can use brackets for element indexing. The key is to
predefine the instance, I think struts will throw an exception if your
list instance is null.

It doesn't even need to be a LinkedList, as long as it implements List
(and possibly Collection??).

As to the validator, I'm pretty sure it handles it, just don't know
off the top of my head how it does it.

-ed