struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sherwood, Reg" <Reg.Sherw...@aliant.ca>
Subject RE: Validation in Struts DisptachAction
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:43:19 GMT
Hi Vaneet

I'm no expert on this to be sure; but I ran into a similiar issue.  What I did was provided
the check for the Read only mode in the forms validate method; if read only mode the validate
method returned null; otherwise it invoked the super.validate method which performs the normal
validation checks on the form.

Hope this helps.

Reg

________________________________

From: Vaneet Sharma [mailto:vasharma@crisil.com]
Sent: Thu 24/08/2006 8:08 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Validation in Struts DisptachAction

Hii

I am using Struts  DispatchAction and i am facing  a peculiar problem
while validating .
Now i want to validate ,my action form only in insert or update mode.
For read mode i want to prevent validation.
To achive this is am writing validation="false" in the action mapping ,
and i am manually calling validation in insert and update methods of my
action class.

         DynaActionForm frm=(DynaActionForm)form;
          ActionErrors  errors=frm.validate(mapping,request);
         if ( errors != null && !errors.isEmpty() ) {
                           saveErrors(request, errors);
                  return (mapping.findForward("validationfailure"));
                }

But when i am doing validation in this way.
It is always trying to validate the action , even in read mode also.
Can anybody tell me why is this happening.

Thanx in advance

Disclaimer :
This message and any attachments (hereinafter referred to as the Said Information) are  intended
solely for the addressee. The Said Information is confidential and may be privileged and is
also prohibited from disclosure. Access, use, copying, distribution or e-use of the Said Information
by anyone except the addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended addressee, please
destroy all copies of  the Said Information in your possession and also delete the same from
your computer. Any views expressed in the Said Information are those of the individual sender
except where the sender, with due authority of CRISIL Ltd./CRISIL MarketWire Ltd./Global Data
Services of India Ltd. specifically states them to be the views of CRISIL Ltd./CRISIL MarketWire
Ltd./Global Data Services of India Ltd. Nothing contained in the Said Information is capable
or intended to create any legally binding obligations on the sender  CRISIL Ltd./CRISIL MarketWire
Ltd./Global Data Services of India L
 td. who accept no responsibility, whatsoever, for loss or damage from the use of  the Said
Information including damage from viruses.