struts-user mailing list archives

From James Mitchell <jmitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2 snapshot build work on JDK 1.4.2?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:55:03 GMT
On Aug 10, 2006, at 8:42 PM, Ted Husted wrote:

>> Do we use these from
>> the command line or with a Maven plugin or should use antrun maven
>> plugin to do it?
>
> I just filtered the JARs from the command line. I suppose the Maven
> plugin would work too. I think it might be best to keep this a
> separate JAR distribution and make the "cannonical" target Java 5.

Ok, sounds good.

>> In any case, what is the targeted output for all of this?
>
> I uploaded the test distribution from August 2 to my home directory.
>
> * http://people.apache.org/~husted/struts2-core-j4-2.0.0-
> SNAPSHOT-20060801.zip

What about the apps?  Are those artifacts?  Or are they just intended
to be run in place?
Seems like, at one point, the nightly build used to create sample apps.

Here's what I run for the nightlies:
  $mvn -Pextras install

Has the profile name changed?

>> http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/nightlies/
>>     /2.0.x/struts2-j14-api-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-20060804.jar
>>     /2.0.x/struts2-j15-api-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-20060804.jar
>
> I'd keep the J4 as a "special" distribution and leave J5 as the
> default. So I'd say keep what we got as it is, and just add the ZIP
> with a translated J4 JARs.

Ok, I'll figure something out.  Probably add a 1.4-compatible/
directory inside of the 2.0.x directory and drop nightlies of XWork-
j4 and s2-j4 in there.  Same schedule.

Thanks

--
James Mitchell