struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2 snapshot build work on JDK 1.4.2?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:01:56 GMT
On 8/11/06, James Mitchell <jmitchell@apache.org> wrote:
> What about the apps?  Are those artifacts?  Or are they just intended
> to be run in place?
> Seems like, at one point, the nightly build used to create sample apps.
>
> Here's what I run for the nightlies:
>   $mvn -Pextras install
>
> Has the profile name changed?

If we are getting off the topic of the Java4 support, we should open a
thread on dev@.

> >> http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/nightlies/
> >>     /2.0.x/struts2-j14-api-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-20060804.jar
> >>     /2.0.x/struts2-j15-api-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-20060804.jar
> >
> > I'd keep the J4 as a "special" distribution and leave J5 as the
> > default. So I'd say keep what we got as it is, and just add the ZIP
> > with a translated J4 JARs.
> >

> Ok, I'll figure something out.  Probably add a 1.4-compatible/
> directory inside of the 2.0.x directory and drop nightlies of XWork-
> j4 and s2-j4 in there.  Same schedule.

Hmmm, the bare JARs might not be sufficient.To be useful, the
"translated" JARs require the Translator JARs too, which means we need
to bundle a license. Ditto for XWork.

If possible, I think the best solution might be to create a ZIP like
the prototype, with the requisite JARS and licenses, and drop it in
with the other nightlies.

If that can't be automated on a nightly basis, then maybe we should
leave it as something we roll with the milestones.

-Ted.