struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2 snapshot build work on JDK 1.4.2?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:15:21 GMT
I've done this with the latest nightly build and posted it as a
separate distribution.

* http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.x/nightly/

All that we are doing is running the J5 JARs through RetroTranslator.
Other projects have been using this tool successful. Note I have not
tested the nightly JAR myself, but it's there if you would like to
take it for a spin.

Actually, what we might want to do is to continue to offer the J4 JARs
as an extra download. After all, there  is no reason why someone using
native J5 should use a modified JAR, and it might help isolate any
problems we have backporting the JARs.

If you have a chance, give the J4 JAR a try, and let us know how it
works for you.

Meanwhile, there should be more s1/s2 migration materials available by
the end of the month, as I'm preparing for a course and a tutorial at
ApacheCon.

-Ted.