struts-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [1.3] Session ActionMessages won't go away
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:24:33 GMT
On 8/25/06, Scott Van Wart <scott@indosoft.com> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
> > The functionality to automtaically remove messages cached in the
> > session was missing from Struts 1.3.x and only added recently in the
> > Struts 1.3.5 version:
> >
> >    http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/STR-2883
> >    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=412834
> >
> > Are you using Struts 1.3.5?
> >
> > Also how are you configuring the ComposableRequestProcessor commands?
> > Are you letting it pick up the default chain-config.xml shipped in the
> > jar or do you have a custom (or tiles) one that you're specifying
> > through the web.xml?
> >
> > If you have a custom one, does it include the new RemoveCachedMessages
> > command?
> I have a custom one.  Here's what I did:
>
> Added the following to web.xml:
>
>     <init-param>
>         <param-name>chainConfig</param-name>
>         <param-value>/WEB-INF/chain-config.xml</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>
> Copied the chain-config.xml from struts-tiles-1.3.5.jar and stuck it in

Dam, looks like I missed updating the tiles version of the
chain-config.xml - the version in struts-core-1.3.5.jar has that
command. Could you file a JIRA issue for this please:

https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/STR

> /WEB-INF/chain-config.xml.  I don't see the RemoveCachedMessages command
> in the config; I'll grab it from the links you mentioned above.  Is this
> the correct way to customize chain-config.xml?

Yes looks OK

http://struts.apache.org/1.x/userGuide/configuration.html#dd_config_servlet

Niall