struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Re: validateValidWhen and javascript
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:39:44 GMT
J-

IIRC, the J/S that is inserted is ALL the validation J/S whether you use
it or not.  I.e., even if you aren't using, say 'maxlength,' I belive
that method is included.  That said, we don't use client-side validation
because you really should do server-side anyway and we didn't like the
way the errors were displayed on client-side (all the errors in a J/S
alert box).  Clearly, we could have changed this, but we went with
server-side only...

-adam