struts-user mailing list archives

From Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com>
Subject Extending tag libraries
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:48:24 GMT
This is a little OT, but it, uh, kind of has to do with Struts :).

I'm interested in adding a few attributes to some of the struts tags.
They're really only useful in the context of a specific web project I'm
working on, so I'd really prefer not to edit the Struts TLD and
implementation (for various other reasons too :).

Problem is, a lot of these have to do with view/layout, so I wanted to
use .tag files.  Everything's fine if I extend a single property, say

  <%@ attribute name="property" required="true" type="java.lang.String" %>

Problem is, there are a lot more attributes, most are optional, and
different permutations, etc.  Is there a relatively easy way of doing
this in .tag files?  Do I have to use tag classes and, if so, is it
possible to tell the JSP processor to re-compile the stuff I output so
it doesn't write <html:text property... /> verbatim to the client?

- Scott