struts-user mailing list archives

From Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com>
Subject Re: [1.3] Session ActionMessages won't go away
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:37:52 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> The functionality to automtaically remove messages cached in the
> session was missing from Struts 1.3.x and only added recently in the
> Struts 1.3.5 version:
>
>    http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/STR-2883
>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=412834
>
> Are you using Struts 1.3.5?
>
> Also how are you configuring the ComposableRequestProcessor commands?
> Are you letting it pick up the default chain-config.xml shipped in the
> jar or do you have a custom (or tiles) one that you're specifying
> through the web.xml?
>
> If you have a custom one, does it include the new RemoveCachedMessages
> command?
I have a custom one.  Here's what I did:

Added the following to web.xml:

    <init-param>
        <param-name>chainConfig</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/chain-config.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>

Copied the chain-config.xml from struts-tiles-1.3.5.jar and stuck it in
/WEB-INF/chain-config.xml.  I don't see the RemoveCachedMessages command
in the config; I'll grab it from the links you mentioned above.  Is this
the correct way to customize chain-config.xml?

- Scott