struts-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andihartm...@freenet.de>
Subject Re: Problem with start URL
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:39:26 GMT
Martin Gainty wrote:
> Andreas-
>
> What are the welcome-file-list contents of web.xml specifically the welcome-file value
as in this example
>  <welcome-file-list>
>   <welcome-file>StartUpJspGoesHere.jsp</welcome-file>
>  </welcome-file-list>
>

> I assume the Jsp you identify in welcome-file is located in %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/NameOfWebApp??

The welcome-file-list pointed to the index.jsp, which is not the first,
but the second page used in the app - after login.jsp. Normally, this
shouldn't be a problem. I'm running the same app under
$TOMCAT_HOME_OTHER/, where I do not have any problem.

All is working fine now after I changed the welcome-file-list to login.jsp
- even the app in the directory which doesn't run before if the
application name has been added to the URL.

Thanks for your hint,
kind regards,
Andreas Hartmann