struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <>
Subject Re: Nested tiles layouts
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:04:30 GMT
Matt Kurjanowicz ha scritto:
> That is what I get - sorry I confused myself with my example.

No problem, I thought really it was a Tiles bug :-)
Ok if I understood you correctly, you wish to override an attribute that
has been put inside another definition, right?
In this case, you cannot do this directly (though in Standalone Tiles I
posted a patch about nested definitions, but that's another story), you
have to create a new definition that extends .lib.layout and use this
one inside .lib.home.

 <definition name="" extends=".lib.layout">
   <put name="libContent" value="/lib/home.jsp" />

 <definition name=".lib.home" extends=".lib.default">
   <put name="title" value="Library Home" />
   <put name="libContent" value="" />

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message