struts-user mailing list archives

From Bart Busschots <>
Subject Re: Removing page from browser history
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:52:07 GMT
I wouldn't rely on the client side for this. With FireFox and a few
extensions you can have your wicked way on the client side and send
anything you want to the server. Hence it's up to the server to look
after security not the client. If you rely on the client alone your
system will be very vulnerable to attack.

The way I would do it would be to have a variable in session scope to
store whether or not page two is available and then wrap all the code in
page3.jsp inside a logic:if tag that will only display it if the
variable in session says it's OK.

Hope that's some help.