struts-user mailing list archives

From Bart Busschots <bart-li...@so-4pt.net>
Subject Can you use a LinkedList or similar as the type for a FormElement?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:41:15 GMT
Following on from my earlier email it strikes me that the most sensible
way to deal with collecting a variable number of student names is to
have a LinkedList in your form bean. However, the question then is, can
Struts handle this? Can the validator handle this? I would need the
validator to apply one rule to all elements of a variable length list?

I have a feeling I've stumbled into a limitations with Struts here but I
could be wrong. So far no amount of googling has helped me out here. If
anyone has any pointers on where to look for solutions to this I'd be
much obliged. I can't be the first person to want to change the layout
of a latter page in a multipage form within struts based on the values
submitted in a previous page!

Thanks,

Bart.