struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Re: problem w.r.t javascript
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:02:28 GMT
Rauf-

Are you doing client or server-side validation?  Or both?

W.R.T your multiple errors, there is an attribute you can set in your
struts XML file, namely:

|  <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
    <set-property property="pathnames"
                            value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validations.xml"/>
    <set-property property="stopOnFirstError"
                  value="true"/>
  </plug-in>|

Note that you must be using Struts >= 1.2.0 for this feature, though I
believe prior to 1.2.0, the behavior was to always stop on the first error.

I'm a little confused by your explanation but it sounds like you're
possibly missing the XML in your JSP for the email field since you say
it doesn't show up - the other rationale is that it's a valid email address.

Also, just an FYI, your password field does not have a max/min length
validation.

-Adam