struts-user mailing list archives

From "Anthony N. Frasso" <afra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically Initializing Checkbox Value
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:30:31 GMT
Thanks, I appreciate the quick response.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure that this addresses my
issue, unless I've misunderstood something.  It
doesn't really mention how to populate a checkbox with
a value... but it does provide the following:

<logic:iterate id="customer" name="customers">
    <bean:write name="customer" property="id"/>
  <bean:write name="customer" property="fullName"/>
</logic:iterate>

This creates a checkbox for each customer in a
collection of customers.  It supposedly creates the
following html:

<input type="checkbox" name="control" value="001"
checked="checked">
John Doe
<input type="checkbox" name="control" value="002">
Peter Smith

What I don't understand is how it determines that John
Doe should have his checkbox checked, but not Peter
Smith.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Anthony Frasso