struts-user mailing list archives

From "Anthony N. Frasso" <afra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Dynamically Initializing Checkbox Value
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:51:13 GMT
Hello all, and thanks for your help in advance.

I have a relatively simple JSP that I'm trying to
present.  I have a bean that is accessible as an
attribute in the request, as well as a form bean for
the form on this page.  As an example, here is one of
the input components for the form:

This takes the value of the "name" property in the
bean and initializes the text box with this value.
When the form is submitted, it takes the value from
the text box and places it into the "name" property of
the form bean.

I'd like to do something similar with a checkbox.
However, I don't see any way to initialize the
checkbox.  The value property works in a different way
than in most of the other form input tags.  How would
I go about accomplishing this?

Thanks again,
Anthony Frasso