struts-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hamacher <...@qualiads.de>
Subject Struts 1.3.5: Forward out of ComposableRequestProcessor-action
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:44:14 GMT
Hi everyone,

I just played around  a little bit with Struts 1.3.5 and did some nice tests
with the new ComposableRequestProcessor, which is definately an improvement
against the usual RequestProcessor!  Compliments to the developers!

But now I came to a question: I created my own AuthorizeAction, which extends
the AbstractAuthorizeAction and inserted it successfully in the chain through
my own chain-config.xml.
My current implementation is close to the default struts-implementation, so
the "UnauthorizedActionException" is thrown, if the user is not allowed to
access this action. But in this case the tomcat shows an error 500 with the
given error-messages. What I´d like better is, that I create a new
ActionMessage telling the user that he is not allowed to access this page,
add this message to the error-messages in the request-scope and redirect him
back to the page where he came from. This way he only gets a message, but is
not completely thrown to an error page.

What would the way to do this with the ComposableRequestProcessor? Can anyone
give me an example or an idea, how to do this?

Thank you very much

Thomas