struts-user mailing list archives

From Niniva Ray <niniva...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need help in how to display error messages
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 01:09:19 GMT
Hi Niall,

  Thank you for the suggestion and explanation.
  It worked.

  Thanks,
  Niniva

Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
  The reason this is happening is because (normally) your ActionMessage
contains the key - and then the tag looks up the
actual message (i.e. "resolves the message") - but you're actually
resolving the message yourself in the Action.

Try just creating the ActionMessage with the key:

ActionMessage error =
new ActionMessage("error.message.filemanagement.errorsavingconfiguration");

Niall

On 8/5/06, Niniva Ray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a web application where I am using struts 1.2.9.
> The problem I am encountering is whenever I want to show any messages on the browser,
suppose if I want to show the message "Error saving configuration",