struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FormDef
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 22:05:27 GMT
On 7/20/06, Hubert Rabago <hrabago@gmail.com> wrote:
> FormDef support nested beans, and nested collections of beans.  If you
> had a nested Address object, your form would look like:

In your example Address is nested within ActionForm, right? What if I
have an object like Person having Address as its member. All
properties are strongly-typed so I do not want to expose them for I/O,
instead I want to have autogenerated ActionForm fields so that I could
redisplay them on error. Say I do not nest Persion inside ActionForm.
Can I still somehow have a string property inside my ActionForm that
corresponds to Person.Address? Can this property be autogenerated?