struts-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Goldman <cgold...@dhapdigital.com>
Subject Re: Struts based opensource e-Learning/Distance Learning framework
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:17:08 GMT
On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 10:25 +0530, Raghu Kanchustambham wrote:
> Hi,
> I am interested in building a e-Learning/Distance learning framework. Was
> wondering if there is any framework that exists that I can use as a starting
> point.
>
> First preference would be for a struts based application since I need to
> integrate it with my existing struts code. But anything in Java/J2EE would
> also suit my bill. And yes, if not that, I am willing to experiment with
> some thing like a java-php bridge if someone vouches for an excellent
> e-learning framework written in (say) php.
>

> Any of the struts users here have any pointers to any open source projects
> for education?
>
> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Raghu

Raghu,

There was an article on Slashdot yesterday [1] about an online learning
provider, Blackboard, patenting their Learning Management System, and
there were some links there to other examples of that sort of software:

Moodle [PHP]
http://moodle.org/

Dokeos [PHP]
http://www.dokeos.com/

The LearningOnline Network with CAPA [Tcl]
http://www.lon-capa.org/

.LRN (Learn, Research, Network) [OpenACS/AOLserver/Tcl]
http://www.dotlrn.org/

Sakai [Java, though seemingly not Struts]
http://sakaiproject.org/

I don't know how many (if any) are focussed on distance learning, as
opposed to general course and student management, but maybe it can be a
starting point.

Chris

[1] http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/02/1217219

--