struts-user mailing list archives

From <George.Dinwid...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject SSLEXT on a per-session basis
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:08:57 GMT
We have a situation where certain appservers are behind a webserver
proxy, but also available to internal users directly.  This means that
the SSLEXT plugin must sometime rewrite the URLs based on ports 80 and
443, and sometimes between 7001 and 7002.  This will remain constant
throughout a particular user's session.

I've taken a brief look at the SSLEXT code, and it doesn't look very
extensible (without modifications).  The SecureRequestUtils.computeURL
method is static, and the SecurePlugInInterface to which it delegates
the selection of port numbers is shared throughout the app (in
ServletContext) with no access to the incoming request.

Has anyone else ever slayed this particular dragon?  I'd hate to
reinvent the wheel unnecessarily.

 - George

--
 George Dinwiddie