struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jakub Milkiewicz" <jmilkiew...@gmail.com>
Subject dynamic checkboxes and radio buttons in one group
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:56:35 GMT
Hi
I have a problem with dynamic form handling. On a page i want to present a
list of questions. For each question you need to make an answer, but answer
widgets can be represented as 2 radio buttons or single checkbox. Initially
all answer widgets should be blank - checkboxes unchecked, radio buttons
unselected.
The problem is that i do not know explicite how many questions i need to
dispaly and what kind of answer i need to present i.e. show a checkbox or 2
radiobuttons. Number of questions, text of each question and decision to
show answer widget as 1 checkbox or 2 radiobuttons is read from some kind of
configuration in action that presents me the page.
 I would like to have all these answers stored in my action form mapped to a
single property as some kind of collection (array or list). Also my
actionform is stored in session scope - i know i need to appropraitely reset
the form.
I searched on the web and i found to use multibox for a group of checkboxes.
The problem is that i do not know if i need to present a checkbox or 2
radiobuttons as single answer widget.
All i would like to get is some kind of collection or array in the
form={"yes",null,null,"yes","no",null}
It means that the answer for question 0, 3, 4  was made but answer widget
for question  1 , 2, 5 was left blank.
Does someone have any idea??