struts-user mailing list archives

From vijay venkataraman <vij...@ltp.soft.net>
Subject Re: Displaying images from database.
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:26:44 GMT
Say if all request for images will refer to the same action like
image.do, then
So map this to a particular action.
Set the content type and write the image content to the ServletOutputStream
return null for ActionForward.

The snippet below should give you an idea.
Consider if resource.getResource() returns a byte[]  - (Some how you
should be able to get a byte[] for the image stored in DB.)
If image is of type gif or jpg/jpeg - then you can do something like
what is shown below.

            String imgType = gif or jpg/jpeg // for understanding.
            String contentType = "image/";
            if(imgType.equalsIgnoreCase("gif")){
                contentType+="gif";
            }else if(imgType.equalsIgnoreCase("jpg")){
                contentType+="jpeg";
            }else {
                contentType = "text/html";
            }
            response.setContentType(contentType);
            ServletOutputStream outStream = response.getOutputStream();
            outStream.write(resources.getResource());
            outStream.flush();
            return null;

Thanks,
Vijay Venkataraman

prerna.sawhney@wipro.com wrote:

>Hi All,
>

>My application saves the images in database as BLOB. I now want to
>display these images stored in my database. How can I do this in struts
>2.0 ?
>

>Thanks & Regards
>
>Prerna
>

>The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message
of this message and any attachments.

>WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this
>

>www.wipro.com

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient.

Lisle Technology Partners Pvt. Ltd. and any of its subsidiaries each
reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.

individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.