struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTML Tags and ID
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:29:25 GMT
Tag's "class" attribute conflicts with java.lang.Object.getClass(),
therefore it was renamed to styleClass along with styleID. These names
are aligned with HTML "style" attribute.

ID is a CSS selector, its other use like in the DOM tree is entirely
up to a developer.

There were opinions that java.lang.Object.getClass() is just a getter
while a tag needs a setter, so these methods do not conflict. On the
other hand, they do conflict if considered accessors of the same
property.

Anyway, I guess it is too late to change these names :)

On 7/24/06, Paul Benedict <paul4christ79@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone. That's what I was looking for. It's named badly, imo, because styling
may use an id, but its main purpose is for the DOM tree.

> vijay venkataraman <vijayv@ltp.soft.net> wrote: Hi,
> As Thomas Joseph mentioned, styleId is a the way to get 'id' in your
> html document when you are using struts html tags. The value you set in
> styleId will be set as id of the html element. All input elements that
> can be represented by struts html tags has a attribute styleId and you
> can use it to set the 'id' on the html element. I have used this
> extensively for label id mapping. A single tag, which takes care of this
> association, and generation of label would have been great.
>
> Thanks,
> Vijay Venkataraman
>
> Thomas Joseph wrote:
>
> >Hi Paul, but I guess, what you want is styleId itself. This will be rendered as an
HTML id attruibute.

> >http://struts.apache.org/1.2.9/userGuide/struts-html.html#checkbox
> >
> >Although named style Id, this is the id what we use in DOM.
> >
> >Thanks and Regards,
> >Thomas Joseph

the  connects to. It's a really cool thing: if you connect a label to a checkbox, you can
actually check and uncheck the box by clicking on the label -- just like good old thick-client
programs :)

> >  Wendy Smoak  wrote: On 7/23/06, Paul Benedict
> >   wrote:
> >
> >  > Do the Struts tags allow the HTML id attribute to be set in its form taglibs?
I was hoping to find an htmlId or id attribute but did not see one. Am I correct?