struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Calling a struts action from Javascript
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:41:37 GMT
On 7/13/06, Akshay Ahooja <akshayahooja@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried using <html:form action="actionname.do?id=<%=variable%>" but it does
> not work out....

1. While Struts html:form tag will properly parse out the query
parameter out of "action" attribute, it is not a recommended way to
pass data from a submitted form. You might want to use a hidden field
instead (unless you use GET instead of POST).

2. If I am not mistaken, if you use POST to submit a form, the query
parameter is not guaranteed to be sent by browser and is not
guaranteed to be processed by server. Like I said, for POST requests
using hidden fields is recommended.