struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] - Dialog issues
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 03:00:41 GMT
On 6/6/06, Greg Allen <GAllen@arrayinc.com> wrote:

>   > That's really odd ... the "no matching navigation cases" is coming
> from the
>   > MyFaces navigation handler implementation ... but, if you are within a
>   > dialog, Shale should never have delegated to the default one in the
> first
>   > place.  Are you sure that you correctly entered the dialog (by
> returning an
>   > outcome string of "dialog:Log in" from some action that was outside of
>   > dialog?
>
> Yes, I believe that is my problem.
>
> However, this is my login page, the initial page in my application. I get
> there
> via "<jsp:forward page="/tiles/Login.faces"/>" in my index.jsp page.
>
> How do I set this up to enter my Login.jsp as a Shale dialog, so that the
> right
> navigation handlers are used?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Greg

I was gonig to point you at the website page about Dialog, but I can see now
it's not particularly helpful :-).  There's only one sentence (the very last
one) that contains the key bits.  Basically, the only current way to enter a
dialog is to have some action on a non-dialog page return a logical outcome
string of the form "dialog:xxxxx", where "xxxxx" is the name of the Dialog
you want to start.  This causes Dialog's version of NavigationHandler to
kick in, and transfers control the the starting state.

You can do this directly, for example from a hyperlink:

    <h:commandLink ... value="Start Login Dialog" action="dialog:Log in"/>

or indirectly via the value returned from an action method:

    <h:commandLink ... action="#{backingBean.myaction}"/>

    public class MyBackingBean { // mapped to managed bean name
"backingBean"
      public String myaction() {
        return "dialog:Log in";
      }