struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Brod <AB...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: [Shale] tiger - abstract base class?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:10:28 GMT
Done.  http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-190

Adam Brod
Product Development Team

"Craig McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>
Sent by: craigmcc@gmail.com
06/12/2006 06:52 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [Shale] tiger - abstract base class?

On 6/12/06, Adam Brod <ABrod@intralinks.com> wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I want to define a managed property in an abstract base class using
> shale-tiger annotations.  Then the subclasses can use the same property.

You're trying to use @Property on the abstract base class, right?

Is this possible?  So far, it doesn't seem to work.  Jpa allows for mapped
> superclasses that are abstract, so the same thing would be great in JSF
as
> well.

http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/javax/persistence/MappedSuperclass.html

Because the Tiger extensions processes annotations at runtime, it should
actually be able to figure this out without additional annotations.  Right
now, it only looks at the specified managed bean class itself.  Could you
please file an issue asking for this improvement?

  http://issues.apache.org/struts/

Thanks,

> Adam Brod
> Product Development Team

Craig

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.