struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Reumann" <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Advice on hanlding multi-select options that need a regular submit on form, plus a submit to popup window
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:42:38 GMT
I'm looking for advice on how to best handle this situation.

I have a form with several multi-select drop downs. There is a typical
submit button that submits the form. What I also have is another
button within the form called "preview distribution" which needs to
take the data on the form and up processing it and displaying it on a
popup window.

If it were just a few regular params i'd just create url link and pass
in through javascript the params as a get request. In this case, since
there are several multi select options, it would seem easier to submit
the whole form but in this case the target would need to change for
the form (and then would also have to change back so that the regular
submit works).

I'll google around, but if anyone has some code to share that does
something like the above, I'd love to see it (Or possibly another work
around that doesn't involve rewriting the form's target property).

Thanks,

--
Rick