struts-user mailing list archives

From "Felix Khazin" <fkha...@ravewireless.com>
Subject RE: Passing Struts request attribute to custom tag
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:36:52 GMT
Sure, Sorry about that...

My custom tag takes in an integer value and then does some math to it.
This is the error I am getting:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "${pageSize}"

This error is coming from a line in my custom tag where I attempt to
parse the string to get an int.

What's interesting is that my custom tag gets the string ${pageSize} and
not the evaluated string which in this is case is 9.

Felix

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Benedict [mailto:paul4christ79@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 5:26 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Passing Struts request attribute to custom tag

Can you explain in more detail how it doesn't work?

Felix Khazin <fkhazin@ravewireless.com> wrote: Hi,

I am having a problem with a view using struts that I can't figure
out...

I have a controller that sets an attribute for example:

request.setAttribute("pageSize", _pageSize);

In my view if I use JSTL like , everything
is fine and it gets output. But if I want to use that same EL expression
in a custom tag it doesn't work.

So for example I have  this doesn't
work. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you very much,