struts-user mailing list archives

From Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.ca>
Subject Advanced MessageProperties file
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:10:52 GMT
I'm working on a slightly more flexible way of getting messages out of
the .properties file, and am posting this to the list for a few reasons:

1) To make sure it hasn't already been done
2) To see if it's useful to anyone else
3) If this is the right approach to whatever it is I seem to think I'm doing

While already supporting the {0}, {1}, ... parameter replacement, I've
added key parameters to it, such as:

some.message=This is a {some.other.message}.
some.other.message=somewhat long {yet.another.message}
yet.another.message=message

So when you retrieved "some.message", you would end up with "This is a
somewhat long message."

Couple of other things I'm interested in adding include case sensitivity
(so the first letter of a message will be capitalized, otherwise
lowercase unless it's an acronym, etc.) and recursion detection (to
prevent one={two}, two={one}).

Does this sound like something you might like to see in Struts, or a
worse solution to an already-solved problem? ;)

Thanks,
  Scott