struts-user mailing list archives

From Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.ca>
Subject Re: Variable 'input' attribute in struts-config.xml
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:54:59 GMT
Dave Newton wrote:
> So I still keep all my simple, non-business-logic validations in the
> validation config file.  Just call validate on the form: if it's a ValidatorForm or
> ValidatorActionForm or subclass (or Dynas) it just works.

OK, I've no problem caling validate() from the DispatchAction, but the
validation rules are different depending on which action gets called.
Is there a way to split up the validation rules for a form in the
validation.xml, and pass a parameter to determine which one to invoke
when I call validate()?

- Scott