struts-user mailing list archives

From "The Jasper" <thejas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Date Validation on the Clients side
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:10:48 GMT
Hi,

shot in the dark here, but have you tried datePatternStrict instead of
datePattern?

mvg,
Jasper

On 6/26/06, Halgurt Mustafa Ali <halgurt.mustafa@star-trac.de> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I posted today the message below, unfortunately without any success. May be can somebody
tell me if it is at all possible to validate date values like  "dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm" on the clients
side. I really appreciate your help, it is really urgent.

> Best regards,
> Halgurt
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

as a date in this format: "dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm" but I saw that the time would not be considerd,
although I initialize datePattern in validation.xml with this value "dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm", the
date will be validated against "dd.MM.yyyy". below is my formset in validation.xml:

> <formset>
>         <form name="REPORTform">
>                 <field property="datumVonLaufzeiten" depends="date">
>                 <arg position="0"  key="REPORTform.datumVonLaufzeiten"/>
>         <var><var-name>datePattern</var-name><var-value>dd.MM.yyyy
HH:mm</var-value></var>
>                 </field>
>                 <field property="datumBisLaufzeiten" depends="date">
>                 <arg position="0" key="REPORTform.datumBisLaufzeiten"/>
>         <var><var-name>datePattern</var-name><var-value>dd.MM.yyyy
HH:mm</var-value></var>
>                 </field>
>         </form>
> </formset>
>
> I had a look at the validateDate.js in commons-validator.jar and I think it would not
do that, what I want. Has anybody an Idea what am I doing wront, or do I have to do different.