struts-user mailing list archives

From Carl Smith <ccsmith20002...@yahoo.com>
Subject what on earth is a session
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:43:22 GMT
  Folks, I am working on some issues related to session. I would like to know if the following
are true:

  (1) the number of the concurrent online user may or may not be the same as the number of
sessions
  (2)simply put, when you open one browser and visit a website, the server(Websphere for example)
creates one session, then if you open another browser in the same computer, the sever will
create another session. Is this understanding correct?
  (3)if (2) is correct, the session numbers are simply the same as the browser number opened
for a certain website.

  I appreciated your comments on my questions.