struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Poll: What part of a Struts will be the most important to support for migration?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:44:42 GMT
On Tue, June 13, 2006 8:30 am, Ted Husted wrote:
> I also went ahead and moved the Struts Action 2 migration material
> into the SAF2 documentation.
>
> * http://confluence.twdata.org/display/WW/Migration+Guide

Just so I'm clear, because I frankly wasn't paying attention previously
:)... are we favoring this Confluence instance over the Struts Wiki for
this sort of thing?  If so I'll create an account because I anticipate
having some more to add to the page you ported over (thanks by the way,
nice to have it all in one spot).

> My suggestion is that any migration guides or tools should be based on
> our own actual experience -- which is the whole idea behind open
> source. We eat our own dog food, and then we pass the bowl. (Yumm!
> Just the thing to read over breakfast!)

Definitely agree, and to that end I have three SAF1-based apps that I
intend to do a migration with shortly... they are outside work apps, so I
have that freedom.  They are small enough that they shouldn't be killer,
but also large and complex enough that they should serve as decent tests
and turn some things up.

> -Ted.

Frank