struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] shale-test compiled for compatibility?
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 20:36:32 GMT
On 5/22/06, Ryan Wynn <bigwynnr@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this may have been asked before but can someone please make
> sure that shale-test is being compiled such that it is compatible with
> jdk 1.4.  I am getting some major-minor version errors when trying to
> run my unit tests against 1.4.
>
> Here is the information from my shale-test manifest:
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.3
> Created-By: 1.5.0_05-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
> Extension-Name: org.apache.shale.test
> Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Specification-Version: 1.0
> Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Implementation-Version: 20060504

Is this from a nightly build?  A snapshot release?  Are you getting a
"incompatible class format" error, or something different.

The nightly builds and the releases are indeed built with a JDK 1.5 compiler
(so that the Tiger Extensions module can be compiled) ... but the "source"
and "target" options for the Test Framework compile are set to "1.4"
explicty, so it's supposed to work.

Thanks,
> Ryan

Craig