struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hanmay Udgiri" <hanmayya.udg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: displaying a field as bold
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 11:06:23 GMT
Hi
let me put the code which we are using

<field property="changedAddressLine2"
depends="requiredif1,minlength,maxlength">
                  <arg0 key="cmdetails.city"/>
                <var>
                       <var-name>mask</var-name>
                       <var-value>^[0-9, a-zA-Z]*$</var-value>
                 </var>
                  <var>
                    <var-name>field[0]</var-name>
                    <var-value>region</var-value>
                </var>
                <var>
                    <var-name>fieldTest[0]</var-name>
                    <var-value>EQUAL</var-value>
                </var>
                <var>
                    <var-name>fieldValue[0]</var-name>
                    <var-value>LAC</var-value>
                </var>
                <var>
                    <var-name>field[1]</var-name>
                    <var-value>addressCheckHidden</var-value>
                </var>
                <var>
                    <var-name>fieldTest[1]</var-name>
                    <var-value>EQUAL</var-value>
                </var>
                <var>
                    <var-name>fieldValue[1]</var-name>
                    <var-value>on</var-value>
                </var>

                  <arg1
                      name="minlength"
                      key="${var:minlength}"
                      resource="false"/>
                  <arg2
                      name="maxlength"
                      key="${var:maxlength}"
                      resource="false"/>

                     <var>
                       <var-name>minlength</var-name>
                       <var-value>1</var-value>
                     </var>
                     <var>
                       <var-name>maxlength</var-name>
                       <var-value>25</var-value>
                     </var>

         </field>

here the field is mandatory if the region is EMEA/LAC,and optional for any
other region.
And even if it is optional We have to still check if he enters correct data
for that field.

So in JSP based on these condition we are currently displaying like
<logic:equal region="EMEA"><b><html:text name="addres2"/></b>
</logic:equal>
<logic:notEqual region="EMEA"><html:text name="addres2"/>
</logic:notEqual>
We are not using property files bze the same field can be mandatory for same
region based on certain condition.

Thanks and Regards
Hanmayya Udgiri