struts-user mailing list archives

From "Vidya \(Suvarna\) Mahavadi" <Vid...@discovery.co.za>
Subject RE: Indexed Properties
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 10:58:27 GMT
I wonder why there are no responses today..

Guys, I really need help on this.. Any expert views?

-----Original Message-----
From: Vidya (Suvarna) Mahavadi [mailto:VidyaM@discovery.co.za]
Sent: Monday 15 May 2006 11:42
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Indexed Properties

Hi everyone!

I am having problem to use indexed properties.

I need to display a table with the list of transactions and a check box
next to each transaction which can add the transaction amount to a text
field. In my action form I have a list of displayObjects and the
displayObject is like

public class PolicyTrnsDisplayObject implements Serializable{

    private PolicyTrns policyTrns;

    private boolean checked;

//getters and setters are also included

}

And PolicyTrns object has all the fields to be displayed.

public class PolicyTrns extends ValueObject implements
IPolicyTrnsTraversable

{

    private long lineNo = IValueObject.NULL_PRIMITIVE;

    private long policyNo = IValueObject.NULL_PRIMITIVE;

    private long billTrnsNo = IValueObject.NULL_PRIMITIVE;

    private long billRefNo = IValueObject.NULL_PRIMITIVE;

    private Date sysDate;

    private Date billingDate;

    private short accountingCd = IValueObject.NULL_PRIMITIVE;

    private BigDecimal amount;

//getters and setters are also included

}

My jsp displays all the details correctly. But to copy/add the amount to
a text field I am calling a javascript function to which I want to pass
the amount. My check box code looks like this.

ctr + "].checked"%>' onclick="javascript:checkTrnsAmount(<bean:write
name="adjustmentRequestForm" property='<%= "policyTrnsDisplayObject[" +
ctr + "].policyTrns.amount"%>'/>, this.name)"/>

I am not sure if this is the correct way of getting the amount, please
let me know if there is better way of doing it. It is displaying an
error

Exception: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for
bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.format.float

Please help me to get it to work..

Thanks,
Vidya

This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please
notify Discovery immediately, telephone number +27 11 529 2888. Any
unauthorised use; alteration or dissemination of the contents of this
email is strictly prohibited. In no event will Discovery or the sender
be liable in any manner whatsoever to any person for any loss or any
direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from use of
this email or any linked website, including, without limitation, from
any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programmes or other
data that may be stored on any information handling system or otherwise
from any assurance that this email is virus free even if Discovery is
expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. Discovery is an
Authorised Financial Services Provider.