struts-user mailing list archives

From "Shoukat, Faisal" <faisal.shou...@northgate-is.com>
Subject RE: [OT] calling js function with list backed form value
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 13:36:53 GMT
If I use the html; text property the only diff would be
onblur="<%=jsFunction%>"/>

I still have the same problem. If I put this in then the value becomes
[object]

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: vijay venkataraman [mailto:vijayv@ltp.soft.net]
Sent: 04 May 2006 13:12
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re:[OT] calling js function with list backed form value

In your JS function can you add 'this' as one of the parameter. Then in
your js function you can get the value from the element.
Like <input type="text" onclick="return someFunction(this)"/> which
implies the element on which the event occured.
Note: I have never used <bean:xxx tags> and  don't know much about it.
My thoughts.

Thanks,
Vijay Venkataraman

Shoukat, Faisal wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a list backed action form and want to call a javascript function
with
>one of the parameters to the function being a value from the list backed
>action form.
>
>My js function is as such:
>
><bean:define id="jsFunction">
> javascript:calculate('<%="benefits[" + index.intValue() + "].value"%>',
>                    '<bean:write name="benefit" property="benMaxRange"/>',
>                    '<bean:write name="benefit" property="benMinRange"/>',
>                    '<bean:write name="benefit" property="benRange"/>',
>                    '<bean:write name="benefit" property="label"/>')
></bean:define>
>
>The value I want substituted into the function is <%="benefits[" +
>index.intValue() + "].value"%>
>
>My input text tag is as such which calls the function:
>
><input type="text" name="<%="benefit["+index.intValue()+"].value"%>"
>value="" size="20" onblur="<%=jsFunction%>"/>
>
>Can anyone help with explaining how to get the value from the input text
box
>of the form and send it to the function. The text boxes name is dynamic
thus
>causes me problems.
>
>The html source shows the following: benefit[0].value in the function and
>not the actual value.
>
>Thanks

------------------------------DISCLAIMER------------------------------

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient.

Lisle Technology Partners Pvt. Ltd. and any of its subsidiaries each
reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.

individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

--------
The Northgate IS Content Screening and Inspection system has scanned this
message for malicious and inappropriate content and none was found. Please
take care
when opening attachments even when these are expected and from known and
trusted
sources.