struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tarek Nabil" <Tarek.Na...@tco.ae>
Subject RE: validation breaks my form prepopulation
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 14:56:45 GMT

If you don't associate your setup action with a form bean, the reset
method will not be called, and whatever was in the form will be
retained.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle W. Cartmell [mailto:KyleCartmell@FirstFinance.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 2:39 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: validation breaks my form prepopulation

This is extremely helpful, because it gives me the opportunity to
prepopulate my form once again should validation fail. There's still a
sticky bit here, in that request attributes that are set from a previous
form are lost and cannot be recreated.

I believe that this is pretty much something that I have to just handle
and there aren't any magic spells to drive that process, but please
correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Thanks again!

Michael Jouravlev wrote:
> On 5/2/06, Kyle W. Cartmell <KyleCartmell@firstfinance.org> wrote:
>> Within my web application (using the Struts action framework) when
>> validation of an ActionForm fails and control is returned to the JSP
>> indicated by struts-config.xml, any request attributes that were
>> passed to that JSP originally are lost because a new request object
>> has been created.
>
> "input" attribute of "action" element in struts-config.xml does not
> have to refer to JSP page directly, it can point to setup action of
> your JSP page.
>
> Michael.

Kyle W. Cartmell
Sr. Software Developer
LAP Holdings, LLC dba First Finance
Phone: (480) 222-0050
Toll Free: (800) 355-3135
kylecartmell@firstfinance.org
www.efirstfinance.com
********************************************DISCLAIMER********************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright

information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this
email
or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us of the receipt
thereof.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete
this
email from your system.

Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.The sender shall not be liable for the
improper
or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication,nor for any
delay in
its receipt or damage to your system.The sender does not guarantee that this material is free
from
viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimise the risk.