struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chaudhary, Harsh" <HCHAU...@amfam.com>
Subject Validation help: One struts form, multiple actions
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 20:16:07 GMT
Hi,
I am having some trouble with struts validation. Here's the case:

I have multiple actions corresponding to multiple pages.
I have only one struts form for all these actions.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set up my
validation. I am using ValidatorActionForm for my struts form. My action
class extends from Action.

Here's a snippet of my struts-config.xml:

		<action path="/ClientA"

type="xxx.xxx.presentation.struts.action.ClientaAction"
			name="InputDataForm"
			scope="request"
			validate="true"
			input=".app.clienta">

		</action>

		<action path="/ClientB"

type="xxx.xxx.presentation.struts.action.ClientbAction" //This is diff
from "/ClientA" type
			name="InputDataForm"
			scope="request"
			validate="true"
			input=".app.clientb">

		</action>

Snippet from my validation.xml:

    <formset>
    <form name="/ClientA">

      <field property="clientaFirstName" depends="required,mask">
        <msg key="lnra.clienta.clientaFirstName" name="required"/>
        <msg name="mask" key="lnra.global.nameMask"/>
        <var>
          <var-name>mask</var-name>
          <var-value>${nameMask}</var-value>
        </var>
      </field>
      </form>

    </formset>

I thought this should be straight forward, i.e., associate your
validation formName to actions and set validate to true in
struts-config.xml. But, its blowing out. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Harsh.