struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chaudhary, Harsh" <HCHAU...@amfam.com>
Subject RE: Validation help: One struts form, multiple actions
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 21:10:26 GMT
I have the action ClientA which is associated with e.g. clienta.jsp .
Action ClientA is also used in the validation.xml like:
 <formset>
     <form name="/ClientA">

       <field property="clientaFirstName" depends="required,mask">
         <msg key="lnra.clienta.clientaFirstName" name="required"/>
         <msg name="mask" key="lnra.global.nameMask"/>
         <var>
           <var-name>mask</var-name>
           <var-value>${nameMask}</var-value>
         </var>
       </field>
       </form>

     </formset>

Here's my code again for my struts-config.xml:

<action path="/ClientA"

 type="xxx.xxx.presentation.struts.action.ClientaAction"
 			name="InputDataForm"
 			scope="request"
 			validate="true"
 			input=".app.clienta">

 		</action>

The problem is that this validation runs when action ClientA is called.
I want this validation to be called when a user is navigating away from
the clienta.jsp, not when a user is coming to clienta.jsp by calling the
action ClientA.

It blows up in the sense that when I navigate away from clienta.jsp
using any other action, and considering that there are error in the
clienta.jsp page, it navigates away fine. But when I navigate back to
clienta.jsp from some other page, by calling the action ClientA,
validation runs and displays an error.

My question would be:

Is there a way in struts to partially validate the fields of a struts
form?

I hope I was clear in my explanation.

Harsh.