struts-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Ludington" <gluding...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HELP:I've got a new problem when I tried to use struts-menu in my Tiles using display-tag.
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 02:33:20 GMT
You are not going to adjust the scope of a css file, but you will have
to change your HTML to give the browser some means of telling your two
tables apart, and then adjust your css accordingly.  Most often, this
is done by putting a class on the html, e.g. <td class="menuClass">.
Then, your css could be:

    td.menuClass {this style would only be applied to the menu td}
    td.displayTagClass {this style would only be applied to the display tag td}

I have not used either Struts-Menu or DisplayTag, so I do not know if
you can specify css classes to use in the HTML they generate.  I am
guessing that you can, but, even if you cannot, you can still apply
css to precise areas by containing them in other elements, and writing
your css accordingly.  Here is a quick example:

<head>
	table { font-family:arial,helvetica}
	#foo table { color:red}
	#bar table { color:green}
</head>

In this page, all tables are arial,hevetica, but only tables inside
the "foo" element are red, and only tables inside the "bar" element
are green.  You have to alter your HTML to give css knoweldge of where
to apply rules, and then change your css in ways like these so that
they only apply to the areas of the page that you need.  There are
other methods, as well, but a full discussion of css inheritance is
beyond the scope of this list, and probably my abilities as well :)

Here is a good link as a starting point:
http://www.simplebits.com/notebook/2003/04/15/css_inheritance.html

hth,
Greg