struts-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Marking fields with background colour having errors for nested tags
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 11:57:04 GMT
On 5/8/06, Raghuveer <raghuveerv@infotechsw.com> wrote:

> Is it possiable in struts to show a label in different colours.
> I.e Identfying label and showing in different color if the related html
> object is having any errors
>
> In below example i need to show label User Name in red color if there is any
> data error in
> Nested tag <nested:text  property="userName"

You could use the "messagesPresent" and "messagesNotPresent" tags to
do this, but its a bit cumbersome:

http://struts.apache.org/struts-doc-1.2.x/userGuide/struts-logic.html#messagesPresent
http://struts.apache.org/struts-doc-1.2.x/userGuide/struts-logic.html#messagesNotPresent

for example...

<logic:messagesPresent property="userName">
</logic:messagesPresent>
<logic:messagesNotPresentproperty="userName">
  User Name:
</logic:messagesNotPresent>

The alternative is to write your own custom label tag that checks for
the presence of error messages in the same ways as these tags and
emits whatever html you want, wrapped around the label text.

Niall