struts-user mailing list archives

From Shervin Asgari <sher...@linpro.no>
Subject Re: Blank page when trying to forward
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 13:34:02 GMT
Sure I can do that.

This method gets called when push a button to delete a DomainWebsite

    public ActionForward deleteConfirmedDomainWebsite(ActionMapping mapping,
            ActionForm form, HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse
res)
            throws Exception {
        RollerRequest rreq = RollerRequest.getRollerRequest(req);
        DomainWebsiteForm domainWebsiteForm = (DomainWebsiteForm) form;
        DomainManager domainMgr =
RollerFactory.getRoller().getDomainManager();

        try {
            if (!hasRequiredRights(rreq, rreq.getWebsite())) {
                return mapping.findForward(ACCESS_DENIED_PAGE);
            }
            String domainWebsiteId = domainWebsiteForm.getId();
            if (domainWebsiteId == null || domainWebsiteId.length() == 0) {
                throw new RollerException("Missing domainwebsite id.");
            }

domainMgr.removeDomainWebsite(domainMgr.retrieveDomainWebsite(domainWebsiteId));
            RollerFactory.getRoller().commit();

            return view(mapping, form, req, res, DOMAIN_ADMIN_EDIT_PAGE);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            getLogger().error("ERROR in action", e);
            throw new ServletException(e);
        }
    }

Here I call on the view method so that I can return to the page I was in
previously

    public ActionForward view(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm actionForm,
            HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response,
String forwardTo)
            throws Exception {
        ActionForward forward = mapping.findForward(forwardTo);

        try {
            RollerSession rollerSession =
RollerSession.getRollerSession(request);

            request.setAttribute("domainWebsiteModel", new
DomainWebsiteAdminEditPageModel(
                    "domainWebsiteAdminEdit.title", request, response,
mapping, null, null));
            if (request.getAttribute("domainWebsiteModel") == null) {
                request.setAttribute("domainWebsiteModel", actionForm);
            }

            // Ensure user is authorized
            if (rollerSession.isGlobalAdminUser()) {
                return forward;
            } else {
                return mapping.findForward("access-denied");
            }

        } catch (Exception e) {
            mLogger.error("Error in DomainWebsiteAdminAction.view()"+ e
+ "\n" + e.getMessage());
            throw new ServletException(e);
        }
    }

My struts and xdoclet stuff

/**
 * Administer Multiple DomainWebsites
 *
 * @struts.action name="domainWebsiteForm"
path="/admin/domainwebsiteAdmin" scope="request"
 *                parameter="method"
 *
 * @struts.action-forward name="domainwebsiteAdminEdit.page"
path=".domainwebsiteAdminEdit"
 * @struts.action-forward name="domainAdminEdit" path=".domainAdminEdit"
 * @struts.action-forward name="domainwebsiteAdminDeleteOK.page"
path=".domainwebsiteAdminDeleteOK"
 *
 * @author Shervin Asgari
 *
 */

the DOMAIN_ADMIN_EDIT_PAGE refers to a String

protected static final String DOMAIN_ADMIN_EDIT_PAGE =
"domainAdminEdit.page";

In my tiles-def.xml I have defined .domainAdminEdit to point to the
correct jsp file.

<definition name=".domainAdminEdit" extends=".tiles-adminpage" >
    <put name="content" value="/website/domainAdminEdit.jsp" />
</definition>

But this domainAdminEdit.jsp page never runs. I only get a blank page
with no exception errors. And nothing on view source.

I hope this was more clear.
Thank you for any help.

Shervin Asgari - System Consultant
M: +47 918 64 148, @: shervin@linpro.no
Linpro AS - Leading on Linux	Tel: +47 21 54 41 00/02
Vitaminveien 1A        Fax: +47 21 54 41 01
PB 4 Grefsen, 0409 Oslo    WWW: http://www.linpro.no/