struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <new...@pingsite.com>
Subject [OT] Re: General error message from server : "Field 'firstname' doesn't have a default value"
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 15:48:48 GMT
rajan pahuja wrote:
> java.sql.SQLException: General error message from server: "Field 'firstname' doesn't
have a default value"

Well, looks like you're trying to insert a null/blank value into a table
that's not-null and specifies no default value, but I'm no
MySQL/ConnectorJ guru. You might want to try asking MySQL-related
questions on a MySQL group or list.

> private static final String QUERY2 = "CREATE TABLE ?_user_business(CompanyName VARCHAR(20),
SharesHeld INT, ShareBuyingPrice FLOAT);";

Are you creating a new table for every user?

Dave