struts-user mailing list archives

From Rob Manthey <struts-u...@rob.manthey.id.au>
Subject Loosely coupled pages and actions
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 04:44:59 GMT
Hi,
I have some actions that I have decoupled from their jsps, so that I can
use the corresponding html components on various pages and move them
around as the client changes their mind about requirements.
I have implemented a programmatic mechanism for the action to know which
assets to populate and which jsp to render after the action has
completed, but it's getting a little tricky with some boundary fault
cases, as I've also implemented a window uniquifier to permit multiple
browser windows being acted in without session collisions.
Anyway, can someone point out what I've overlooked?  Is there a simpler
(framework) way of a loosely coupled action knowing dynamically what jsp
it's called from (esp: note the cases of the component being or not
being in a jsp:include) so that it can populate the right assets and
render the right jsp?  Using the struts-config.xml action input entry
only allows one point of origin, and using request.getRequestURI()
returns the last *action* not the originating jsp to forward back to
(not helpful when the last action is itself one of these decoupled
actions, as opposed to an inital jsp entry action).
Thanks in advance for any input.
 Rob