struts-user mailing list archives

From "Stasica, Grzegorz" <grzegorz.stas...@delphi.com>
Subject RE: Role-Based Menu Navigation
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 06:02:58 GMT

Take a look on http://struts-menu.sourceforge.net/

-----Original Message-----
From: josh t [mailto:josh_gotsch@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:34 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Role-Based Menu Navigation

I want to build a role-based nested navigation menu :
 - Using Struts 1.1 with tiles
   - My menu.jsp will be used by all other JSPs (extension in the tiles
def file)
   - The roles to build the menu will be retrived from the session.
   - I don't care about the java script part of the dropdown navigation
at this time. I

  Are there any struts support for this? If not, are there any 'best
practices' or sample application for this?  For example, is the best
solution to just create a MenuAction that gets the roles from the
session and populates the drop down menu based on those roles?

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low  PC-to-Phone call
rates.

Note:  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying
to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.